Traveling With your Pet
Phuket Overview | Visiting Phuket Island with your dog or cat
Pets are welcomed at Phuket Island, Thailand, so don't leave your beloved cat or dog with a sitter. Pack an extra bag and bring your pet along. Many airlines will let you travel with your pet as accompanied baggage, as "live animal" cargo or, for a small pet, in a carry-on kennel under your plane seat.
When you arrive, you will need to go by the animal quarantine office to have your pet examined. You will fill out three different forms to get authorization to bring your dog or cat into the country.
- Form ROR 6
This is authorization to bring or transit your pet via Thailand
- Form ROR 7
This is authorization to bring your pet into Thailand
- Form KOR SOR KOR 102
This is an application for special importation.
Keep in mind that you will likely have to pay application fees. Import duties on your pet may also apply, but you are exempt from paying them if your stay is shorter than 6 months. However, this will require you to fill out and sign a guarantee form, and leave a deposit with the airport.
Here are other requirements you will need to meet when you travel to Phuket Island with your pet:
- You will need an identity certificate that is signed by a registered veterinarian, which states your pet's breed, age, sex etc.
- Your pet must not show any sign of an infectious or contagious disease.
- Your pet must have been vaccinated within 15 days of your arrival at the airport. You will need to present a Rabies vaccination certificate to show this has been done.
- You will also have to present a Leptospirosis vaccination certificate showing your pet has received it within 21 days of your departure.
- Your pet must have resided in your home country for not less than 6 months before date of departure.
Last Updated: 18 Oct 2011